The following is a brief overview of some of the types of litigation for which we are retained by clients:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: While we have extensive experience in the state and federal courts, our litigators are skilled in, and highly supportive of (when appropriate for the client’s interests), various methods of alternative dispute resolution. Whether pursuing arbitration, mediation, or summary trials, our litigators will undertake the course that most efficiently and effectively meets our clients’ needs.
- Complex and Multi-Jurisdictional Litigation: A significant part of our litigation practice involves complex disputes in federal courts. Our work in this area of the law frequently arises out of cases involving multiple individuals or business from different jurisdictions or states who have transacted business directly or indirectly in the State of Arizona.
- Construction: We handle a wide variety of construction-related litigation, including indemnity, breach of contract, negligent delay, and negligence in the performance of various contracts. We also have extensive experience in litigating claims involving construction site liability and negligence.
- Commercial Litigation: We have successfully prosecuted and defended cases involving contract disputes and consumer fraud arising out of commercial transactions.
- Contract Disputes: We have extensive experience in handling contractual disputes, both through litigation and arbitration. The Firm has handled contract disputes involving commercial lease agreements, employment contracts, distributor agreements, construction contracts, sales agreements, service contracts, real estate transactions, trade secrets, copyrights, and non-competition agreements.
- Officer and Director Liability: We have defended directors and officers in litigation over allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty or duty of loyalty, unfair competition, negligence and related types of claims. We have represented directors and officers for such businesses as health care institutions and third-party administration companies.
- Real Estate Litigation: We have experience representing commercial and private clients in commercial lease disputes, quiet title actions, and other real estate disputes.
- Tort and Insurance: We have an extensive tort and insurance defense practice, providing full litigation representation to clients in state and federal courts, mediations, and arbitration hearings. Insurance coverage reviews and coverage advice are provided to counsel and carriers, along with representation in declaratory actions and bad faith disputes. The Firm represents prominent insurance carriers as well as corporate and individual insured in various tort litigation matters.